Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sunday Clothes

A little boy was walking down a dirt road after church one Sunday afternoon when he came to a crossroads where he met a little girl coming from the other direction.
“Hello," said the little boy.

“Hi," replied the little girl.

“Where are you going?" asked the little boy.

“I've been to church this morning and I'm on my way home," answered the little girl.

“I'm also on my way home from church. Which church do you go to?" asked the little boy.

“I go to the Baptist church back down the road," replied the little girl. "What about you?"

“I go to the Methodist church back at the top of the hill," replied the little boy.

They discover that they are both going the same way so they decided that they'd walk together. They came to a low spot in the road where spring rains had partially flooded the road, so there was no way that they could get across to the other side without getting wet.

“If I get my new Sunday dress wet, my Mom's going to skin me alive," said the little girl.

“My Mom'll tan my hide, too, if I get my new Sunday suit wet," replied the little boy.

“I tell you what I think I'll do," said the little girl. "I'm gonna pull off all my clothes and hold them over my head and wade across."

“That's a good idea," replied the little boy. “I'm going to do the same thing with my suit."

So they both undressed and waded across to the other side without getting their clothes wet. They were standing there in the sun waiting to drip dry before putting their clothes back on, when the little boy finally remarked .. … “You know, I never realized before just how much difference there really is between a BAPTIST and a METHODIST!!!”




(Thanks to Tony & Peggy Ridgell for sharing this!)

No comments: