* The 345 billion Oreo cookies sold to date would fill up the world's largest freight train, consisting of 660 freight cars, more than 45 times.
* The St. Louis Arch (630 feet) is 15,120 Oreo cookies high.
* The Golden Gate Bridge (4,200 feet) is 28,800 Oreo cookies long.
* If every Oreo cookie ever made were stacked on top of each other (more than 345 billion...), the pile would reach to the moon and back more than five times. Then again, if placed side-by-side, they would encircle the earth 381 times at the equator.
* If all the OREO cookies sold to date were stacked on top of each other, the height of the stack would be equivalent to the height of 9.8 million Sears Towers. The Sears Tower is 1,454 feet tall.
* In order to keep up with this voluminous demand, the Oreo cookie recipe calls for 18 million pounds of cocoa and 47 million pounds of creme filling. An Oreo cookie is 29% creme, 71% cookie
* The Oreo cookie has been America's most popular cookie since it was introduced in 1912. More than 345 billion Oreo cookies have been consumed to date. More than 7.5 billion Oreo cookies are consumed each year, which comes out to 625 million per month and 20.5 million per day.
* The floral design on the oreo cookie consists of 12 flowers per side.
* There are 9 varieties of Oreos (as of 7/02): Original, Mini, Chocolate Creme, Chocolate Creme Mini, Reduced Fat, Oreo Double Stuf, Fudge Covered, Fudge Mint Covered, & Double Delight (PB and Chocolate)
-- from technospudproject